The annual Hong Kong International Mental Health Film Festival provides a global platform for daring and ingenious filmmakers to showcase their films to an audience of film buyers, broadcasters, journalists, filmmakers and film fans. Along with screenings at our spectacular rooftop cinemas, there are seminars, webinars & parties.
The inaugural HKIMHFF will take place in the heart of SoHo Nov 2020!
What We Look For…
Films may be of any length and genre – narrative and documentary features and shorts with a broad focus on mental health. The festival is committed to showing the boldest, most innovative work. Submissions that fuse multiple genres and art forms are particularly welcome. All entries must be in English and/or have English subtitles and should meet one or all of the following criteria:
- Inspiring voice for improving human rights of people affected by mental health issues
- Highlights positive contributions made by artists and filmmakers affected by mental health issues
- Fights stigma and defies stereotypes associated with mental illness
- Shares stories of rich characters and real people affected by mental health issues
Films should have been produced within two years preceding festival.
Due to uncertainty caused by the ongoing coronavirus world health crisis, we have regretfully decided to postpone our inaugural Hong Kong International Mental Health Festival to 2021.
- Asia Film Festivals
- Documentary Films
- ExperiMENTAL Films
- Feature Films
- Film Festival
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong International Mental Health Film Festival
- Hong Kong Mental Health Film Festival
- Human Rights
- Indie Films
- International Film Festivals
- International Films
- Mental Health
- Mental Ideas
- Mental Ideas Film Festival
- Mental Illness
- Short Films